Monday, April 30, 2007

Cello Gig Bag

I invested $80 on a 2nd hand cello case. it's an Australian brand and provides alot of cushion support for my cello at the scroll, bridge and the bow. Bought it from my fren Elizabeth who is the cello guru to me heh. she bought it at $160 and at first wanted to sell me for $90 but there were some defects (see below) so, got it at a further $10 discount. the reason i got a new bag cos my previous one was the free one which came together with my cello and it was quite crumblesome to carry it ard cos the weight of the cello will make it tilt back. with the new bag, the weight of the cello was more evenly distributed, i guess haha (not sure abt the physics behind the ermz... force acting on the cello -_-) so it was better for me to walk ard carrying it, without the need to use one hand to pull the top handle.The Cello Gig Bag

Extra bow cases (internal ones) for extra support for the bows (got 2 cases)

The defects.
Left: a slit. muz sew it else it wun be water proof le
Right: defective zip :( can zip but nothing to pull lo. haiz.

Oh she (being the guru) helped me test for cello cos she knew I'm going for exam in Sep. It was loud and resonant, better than how it sounded 3 years ago when she also helped me test it during the purchase. she even said this cello can last me until grade 8! but her sound was better than me cos my elbow wasn't low enuf, as in, I did not use strength from my elbow, but used my lower arm and wrist instead. It was something which I had to change but din manage to. haha either lazy to change or just too undisciplined to keep to it. oops!

but of course i did things during the 3 years to change the sound. 1) saw the bridge to make it lower, 2) change strings to a good combination (C, G: spirocore; D, A: Jager)... i think these changes are good! haha. and she recommended me to change strings 2 mths b4 my exam. I must remember.. around July must change sia. haha.

and she's going gremacy soon, i'll be going with her if i'm free. so anybody wants anything? strings/rosin?

No comments: