Friday, October 5, 2007

Reptily Run

I was jogging along the canal beside Jurong East Swimming Complex, when I saw a KOMODO DRAGON beside the canal on the grass...

eeeks! (haha the picture is not from me, just pasted a photo from the web here)

the one I saw had a sharper mouth and not so fat. haha. but still, fat. was around 1.5m. When I saw it, my first instinct was to turn back and run away, but being rational, I think I hadn't read on any poisons or human-eating komodo dragons before, so I decided to head back and continue my run. haha. My route was to reverse at the ending point of one side of the canal, so when I returned, it wasn't there anymore. Maybe it's swimming happily in the canal now... I think it was preying on a ka leng (a type of bird my mum calls this in cantonese, the black bird with yellow beak..) when I saw it haha...

and i'm not dreaming ok!!! it was moving and i'm quite sure it wasn't a tree branch...

i hate reptiles, especially those big house lizards who just appear from nowhere and then scoot around the ceiling/wall/floor. but sighting KOMODO DRAGONS is quite cool hahaha...

the last time when I saw a komodo dragon was my Pri 1 zoo excursion. I was already on the bus, ready to leave, and when I turned back, the huge lizard was crossing the road... -_-

Read up more on Komodo Dragon from Wikipedia

No comments: