Thursday, October 18, 2007

Genome-Wide Association Study on Atopy and Allergic Diseases in S'porean Chinese

I participated in this study. basically I've to fill in a form regarding allergies, pricked a few times on the arm (some ppl will feel quite itchy since they're exposing ur skin to allergens) and then gargle saline solution to get my DNA out (from cheek cells).

So 6 spots they pricked me at (on my arm). and only the positive control (histamine) made that spot on my arm wheal out like a mosquito bite. i'm quite glad i wasn't allergic to any of the allergens they exposed me to. haha

and this is the reason why Pharmacy students flood the lab at S3 (Level 2 outside LT20) after our lesson today:
$10 Co-Op voucher!!!

Pharmers are not only muggers. We're cheapos hehe! yay SNACKS!!

============================

oh i luv what Leonard Tan says. haha...

"find your centre... play music from this centre..." and then sth about playing truly from ur heart and touching ur audience...

i was telling Erina just now. I'm super envious of Leonard Tan. He's doing what he loves and he's doing very well... how many of us can actually be like that? and then have a nice family somemore haha. (but we all know he must have worked super hard. and.. he's super talented)

I'm ENVIOUS...

No comments: