Sunday, October 28, 2007

打 Capo, 你 Bass 了吗?

The concert day (27 Oct) started with me meeting Chris and DanK at Holland V NTUC to buy the Sandwich party ingredients. I was.. ahem... late. cos I tot we're meeting 9am at Buona Vista MRT and then I told DanK i'll go directly to the NTUC to meet them, so I thought I could reach at 9.15am -_- haha. but they met at 8.50am without letting me know, so i was late. ok la my fault haha :P

Sandwich making at danK's grandma's house was quite fun. 3 of us declared that we're not those who cook frequently. haha. but at least we noe what the colour of the eggs and tuna should look like. So roughly figured out how much of mayonnaise to add. HAHA... and.. the amount of mayonnaise we added is really... ahem... quite alot. HAHA. and as we were adding the mayo, we kept chanting "肥死你" haha oops we're evil. but really i think we added like.... 5 big scoops of mayo into each batch of eggs/tuna. I think the ham sandwiches were the healthiest one, cos dunnit to add mayo. HAHA.

after a quick lunch at Ghim Moh Market, we cabbed down to UCC with the sandwiches!

============================

I think the concert was not bad. but it wasn't as emotional and high as last time leh. i dunno why. mayb the songs not so high. "never climb mountain this time" haha.

tempo was much faster than rehearsed. the concert was supposed to feature Star Wars trilogy but in my opinion, i thought that star wars was quite messy. and then the encore piece was really like another Besana episode when we juz whacked Do Re Mi... it was soooo fast!

anyway, there were still some nice parts like Elisabeth. I think some of the audience can just melt at the "Boat in the Night" movt. "No Shadow of Turning was not bad la, i think. haha. The rest, i think was quite alright. haha..

i think.... my 2nd suite the short solo at the back is quite... ahem NICE! haha! okay la, it's not bad. :) yay

after we shifted back the instruments to CFA, BASS went to eat at Crystal Jade at Holland V. I ordered 红油牛肉面 (sth lidat, not v sure) haha. DanK treated us to 小笼包, and me + danK treated them to some red bean paste pancakes. haha.

generally, Da Capo was a success! great job everybody!

and of course, BASS is zai! 你 BASS 了吗? hehe

Recordings:
Nitro
No Shadow of Turning
Elisabeth
Marche Slave
Classical Suite (Brass Quintet)
Amazing Grace (Brass Quintet)
Second Suite in F
In a Persian Market
Star Wars Trilogy
Do Re Mi

Photos:
BubbleShare: Share photos - Here comes Halloween!


No comments: