Saturday, January 5, 2008

Dying in there

I'm rather upset by these 2 weeks of lab results.

When my Western blot came up with nice bands 2 days ago, i thought my luck had reversed. but subsequent proteins cant be detected anymore. i'm damn lost at what to do next. what i'm doing now is only to redo the whole cycle, again and again. cos i duno what went wrong, cos by right should have.

e.g. i'm testing for cell cycle, thus, detecting for cyclins. HOW CAN I NOT DETECT ANY CYCLINS IN MY CELLS?? like cells should ALL be expressing cyclins, just to different extent.

okiez tt's the summary.

feeling down after i "finished" what i'm supposed to do today at lab. i wanted to sms LC to 倾诉 but in the end, decided not to. i've been repeating my things to ppl who've been asking me "how's ur FYP" and and then i got suggestions which i've already tried or i noe wun work. it's really good to here that frenz are still there trying to encourage me and telling me to do this and that but sometimes, i dun feel like hearing those anymore.

i just want my sup to come back.

anyway i've arranged a meeting with her on Monday 2pm when she's back in the lab. I'm really looking forward to this meeting. at least then, i really have somebody who knows wat to do and wat went wrong, hopefully. or at least try to gear my project towards something which can be done within 1 more month.

can somebody take over my FYP and airmail me to ermz... a small little cottage in... Hokkaido?

woah.

===================================

anyway i've been down with cough and cold. my cold was "cured" by antibiotics which again I went to the same GP who never fails to give me antibiotics. haha! (i'm the 33% of patient population who loves antibiotics) but at least i noe it's a relapse and it should be bacterial and so antibiotics is the suitable therapy wad.

and my cough since young, can never be cured fully by western med. so i heeded Peiting's father's advice to buy 夏桑菊 from the Medical Hall. It works quite well. but have to really drink faithfully, cos TCM effect is quite slow to kick in. it's quite cheap, $1.40 for 20 sachets. and i'm drinking around 3 sachets per day. still coughing, but not to the extent of coughing my lungs out already.

i think I quite like the combination of Western and Chinese medicine. in a way, the Western antibiotics works to eliminate the infection but the TCM kicks in to equilibrate the internal balance (pharmers, still rmb the 五脏六腑 PP3 presentations? =P ). haha

No comments: