Monday, December 10, 2007

PreLasik Assessment

Ended lab at 3.35pm, appt was supposed to be at 4pm. saw the Biopolis-NUH shuttlebus zoom past me, saw Bus 95 zoom past me. so.. i took 198 and WALK from AYE bus stop to NUH Kent Ridge Wing. haha. Reached LASIK centre at 4.04pm. think my calf muscles upped one level. haha!

the assessment was quite tiring for the eyes. for one of the test i've to push up the lids of my eyes and keep staring, and i'm not allowed to blink. then FLASHES of lights come up and blind me. 1st instinct is to blink ma. den cos of my instinct, I had to repeat the test alot of times cos she cant get a good image. keep tearing. sobzzz. and i was told that i have lazy eye and that my left eye was the dominant eye. actually i sort of noe this liaoz, and i've always have problem looking through the microscope due to the different alignment of the eyes. so today i learnt that this is called lazy eye aka Amblyopia.

the test was about 1 hour, including a video which educates patients about the LASIK procedure.

my doctor is Dr Lennard Theann who explains the different types of refractive surgery. and telling me that since i've thick enough cornea, i'm able to do LASIK, but may have risk of undercorrection.

read through the materials the person gave me le, quite nervous about it. but think that day i'll be even more anxious. garrrrrrrrrrrr....

No comments: