Saturday, December 22, 2007

bad day

okay. 2 experiments today.

1st expt: fumbled and put wrong things. den tried to salvage by pipetting out and prays that nothing happens.

2nd expt: confirmed with a confirm-will-have antibody. no protein. thus, concludes my past 1 week has been wasted on Western blotting and all the repeated washing and exposing. bleahh.

analysed results. duno why my transfection is supposed to cause overexpression but instead it shows underexpression. so what to do now? my sup is away. i'm so helpless. and she doesn't reply her emails in time.

was in lab alone. the dark room is quite scary. duno what i'll see when i switch on the lights.

i wan to go to some chilling-out sessions. and i feel like eating TCC's chicken pie.

finally 任命 to the failed experiments and went home. the 1st bus i saw passing me, i noe is 198, cos it has been a bad day. :(((((((((((((

okiez i wanted to do some work at home for my FYP. wanted to write some parts of my paper so that i can make up for the lost time (due to failed expts). den din realised my waterbottle cover was not screwed on and i liften the bottle with the cover. den..... water flooded the table and myself... heng it's not hot water. and my laptop din really kena alot...

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm so sad can. oh ya, and i was coughing out my lungs the whole day.

===========================================

anw i wanted to recall the LASIK experience (aka enhancement surgery):

1. i went into a changing room where a lady helped me put on the operation robe.
2. she removed my glasses and cleaned the surroundings of my eyes with iodine.
3. then she put on some eyedrops. (anasthetics i think)
4. then i was ushered onto the "bed" under the "lasik machine"
5. my doctor was there, telling me that he has programmed everything into the machine
6. next he covered my left eye with a shield and did my right eye first.
7. he told me to focus on the green light which will turn red.
8. eyedrops
9. some clamp to clamp my eyelids
10. more eyesdrops and swabbing
11. a circular thing came and he said it's the most uncomfortable part.
12. then he said "suction ready?"
13. a reply "suction on." i felt pressure on my eyes
14. and it was a short pain.
15. i saw the flab opening. then i cant see anything
16. i duno wat happen next but i can see again. then, the laser came and i was told that it's the most important part of the surgery and I MUST focus on the red light. the red light became like an angry ball of fire and there was a slight burning smell.
17. i heard "50%.... 60%... 70%... 80%... 90%... 100%..."
18. flab was closed back
19. more eye drops.
20. next eye.

wah i tink technology is very advanced. to be able to program for my case and then do the laser within seconds. i think my doctor is not bad :)

No comments: