Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cello exam

Feeling abit lost.

[deliberately deleted the name of my school at the blog description]

My cello teacher is having some problems with the school. So instead of her teaching me today, it's another teacher whom I believe is a Philippines Chinese. Her skills were great, but her teaching is contradicting my previous teacher. She wanted me to change some of the fingerings, and some playing style. Her fingerings are more convenient, but means that I've to practise more to get used to it. Her playing style is quite far off from my previous teacher. e.g. at a part where my previous teacher wanted me to play in a smaller sound, she wanted it flowing and louder. For this, not that she's not logical, but my previous teacher backed her teaching up with some musical knowledge, but she goes according to her feel. I dunno wat's right now. haiz.

And then later I found out why she's so persistent in asking me to change my style. It's not persistent in a bad way, buden it's unlike a relief teacher to change the style of a student, just in case the original teacher feels offended.

It's because my teacher has a high probability of not going back to the sch again!!! OUCH! and i'm having my exam in a few weeks time. ARGH.

and after the lesson I found out that I've to pen down for internal assessment on 27 or 28 Jul which is next week. Luckily, the administrator was able to find another later date for me (11th August) since I've yet to practise seriously with my pianist PK. and that was another $20 gone.

I'm not supposed to mention this later part I'm going to say soon to my school. My cello teacher was going to teach private and at another school due to some problems with my school. I would most likely be following her to private. But the thing is, on my exam date, she would not be in SG.

Feeling quite helpless/screwed up. I've to go to exam with the new teacher who isn't too sure of the exam syllabus. Haiz.

I've to practise really hard. In any case, if I practise hard enough, things wouldn't go too wrong, right?

No comments: