Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Besana Poemssssss

Erina has a poem:

While In Italy by Erina
(Read each stanza from left to right)

While in Italy,
I stayed at the Gatti's.
Mauro Gatti was happy-go-lucky,
Papa Gatti was always jolly.
Mama Gatti was very very nice,
I stayed in Wonderland just like Alice.

While in Italy,
We were La NUS* Wind Symphony.
The audience were indeed merry,
Like the widow we were acting.
Had a stint with Saldarini,

An honour that came knocking.

While in Italy,
I had a fun time marching.
The weather was scorching,
And my darling, oh, so heavy.
But I was still enjoying,
To see the Columbian band dancing.

While in Italy,
It was cool but sunny.
We paid money to go sight-seeing,
More was gone to pigeon-feeding.
Churches-a-plenty,
But we didn't feel stodgy.

While in Italy,
Gelato, ate too many.
Pasta, never-ending,
Wine was free-flowing.
Clothes, too expensive,
Cafétiera is for coffee.

While in Italy,
Dogs were big and small.
I fell for Wolf,
Who just couldn't woof!
An amazing experience in Besana,
For the little mind of Erina.

*'Nus' rhymes with 'moose'

I've a poem too!

Another Poem (by Hui Shan)
In response to Erina’s Poem

I'm not Erina
But I'll try to write about Besana
To continue her stanzas
So that you will read till gaga.

The Gatti's house is small & quaint
But doors do bang & bang.
And we couldn't help but wonder
Whether we should get a door stopper.

The village was small & quiet
Until the band festival
When everybody turns enthu
Every music did they dance to.

Standing ovations made us high
Merry widow can just make us die
The rest of the bands were great too!
That makes the festival successful.

Last dinner was an event to remember
When we exchanged gifts & presents.
Now, we miss the Gattis
But Mauro is not replying!

OOPS (I think he went on a holiday :P )


No comments: