Friday, February 20, 2009

Sick again

was having fever as high as 38plusplus and coughing my lungs out for a few days before i was diagnosed possibly pneumonia. given 2 types of antibiotics (clarithromycin and ciprofloxacin - not first line but prob due to my Penicillin allergy and being in the hospital so the doc wanted to cover pseudomonas too). my white blood cells and neutropils were like... 2 times upper limit normal (cant rmb the exact value).

realised that taking 2 antibiotics at once will cause pronounced nausea. coupled with my headache due to tea withdrawal. terribleness.

and today, found that my right little finger tendon abit weird, like got crunchy sound. gg to see tui na tmr morning.

and i've to study for board exams. asked my preceptor whether i can pause the inpatient rotation for 1 week before continuing, so that my body normal flora can grow back first.

scary right

another reason for me not to work in inpatient. i've weak immune system.

No comments: